Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Member introduction: Stevo!!

Hello all!! My name is Steve Arias but you guys can call me Stevo.  I'm a third semester freshman and currently in LAS.  I want to move to the creative stirring department.  When I write I like to write about my environment or whatever comes to mind.  I'm 28 years old an I am originally from Texas.  I joined the military after I failed out of college.  I spent 7 years active.  3 years as airborne infantry and 4 years as a black hawk mechanic.  I spent a total of 27 months in iraq  I'm an open book so ask me anything...,within reason.

The persistent beeping of a construction truck loomed in the background as the roar of a single jet engine passenger plane flew above in the sky.  The sky was a baby blue color with random whisps of thin clouds strewn about. The wind wasn't soft enough to be a gentle breeze but not strong enough to be a consistent wind yet it still managed to rustle the trees and blow the leaves around as if they were chasing after papers that the wind blew out of their hands. The sun was still high enough in the sky to nor cast long shadows but it was definitely starting to dip in the sky.  The cicadas were fewer in numbers and were dying off like the leaves on the trees.  Mixtures of yellow, fading green leaves and brown cicada carcasses were all swirling around. 

As the afternoon word off and the day started to settle into the evening things were calm. The roar of all the 20 somethings had stopped hours ago and the older crowd taking night classes were slowly starting to trickle in like that of a light drizzle turning into an afternoon thundershower.  This is the time of day I enjoy the most on campus.  The part of the day that the campus takes a moment to breathe before starting its evening class hussle and bussel.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of descriptive words and imagery. Looking forward to working with all of the writers on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you have an incredibly interesting story just in your life alone! In any case, I enjoyed how descriptive your writing example was. I really got a feel for the day and atmosphere you were describing.

    ReplyDelete