Thanks for the feedback guys and gals, looks like I have a notion of what you guys want, so I will expand on the ones interested and throw in other ideas below for more awesome fun times.
Suburban war idea: Neighborhood Walk (working title)
Early settings: Perfect suburbs. Green grass, as perfect and neat as carpet. Houses of the same nature: cookie cut perfection, in style, form, and upkeep. Garbage men look like models, with a plastered smile, fit and clean. Dad's walk out in suits (moms too if you want to keep modern, but I was thinking show like old ideas of domesticity, so for when aftermath occurs we can pervert and subvert gender roles). From the neighborhoods we enter cities. City is also clean and industrious. Keeping things straight lines all the way, from buildings to rows, even plotted trees are sheared in perfect circles. Sun bright, fluffy happy clouds. From city to school which looks old, but in a regal idea. High walls, stone, pleasant and warm colors.
Basic storyline intro expanded: We have young little whats-her-face (you can think up the name if you want, makes no difference to me). We have her walking halls, being a little angel, like god's daughter. She is pure, simple, unsoiled. Long flowing brown hair cascades down her back in a simple neat form. She wears a school uniform. Her sister also attends to school, much younger, showing much more naivety, still in pigtails. In class the protagonist sits near an open window, clear and large towards the sunny sky, but as she gazes absently out the window, herds of shadows can be seen rustling through the nearby wooded area. As she gazes curiously, a distant light twinkles in the sky. It approaches like lightning, a missile, which destroys one of the towering buildings in the distant city.
If this story continues to interest, I will broadly apply more until we decide.
Monster Mash
Early settings: Village. We are talkin' bout some Frankenstein village stuff here. I'm talkin' hay stacks, wood sheds (if we are thinking cute, more rounded, cartoony, if we are thinkin' sardonic, take a look at trailer for the game "Papers, Please", more rough, but with sense of humor). Little villagers with tight hoods borderlining their faces. Lots of woods. For monster environments, we can go cliche (if we are going full parody) Swamp things in swamps, frankensteins in evil labs, full on with fetus test tubes and operation tables. For fun I kinda want the Vampires in a nightclub. For giggles. Anyways this is just concept, and totally not final notes.
Basic Storyline Expanded: Oh no! A sheep is missing! Must be those pesky monsters roaming around. What assholes. (Really wanna play off the unjustified hatred stuff here). Ugly frankenmonsters, damn vamps, hairy uncouth them werewolves are, etc. We must poke them to death with out pitchforks! And then off we go, level by level. The monsters we make super sympathetic, like before invasion levels start, we have the monsters doing wholesome activities (gardening, feeding wildlife rabbits, playing shuffleboard, what have you).
Cultastic Fantastic:
Down on your luck? Need friends? Need cash? Look no further! Have we got a job for you! Do you know the top grossing industries in the nation are cults??? You didn't? Well you're stupid. What do you think those gold chalices are made of? Cheese? Well anyways, I (your fearless friend who already started a cult) will give you the fine tips you need to get started!
Settings: We get us some down home basement environments, completely filled with characters that "look" like they would join a cult. Scruffy bearded outcasts. Easily swayable yokels. Naive housewives (not to be sexist with housewives, they are very important pillars in the community, for the sake of using parody of stereotypes). Anyways, we get us some fliers, some meetings, some figures for cult leaders, etc. Other stuff. (Probably, as concept, a lot harder for me to think up cool stuff for you artists to draw). Maybe some cultastic rituals? Ehhh?
Like before, if still interested, will provide more info.
Other ideas:
1. Ghetto Pokemon -
Now of course we can't say pokemon, but same concept (so parody). Anyways, pokemon is so gold hearted. Nice kid loves his creatures, fights evil, love, respect, mom, dad, etc. We take a similar world, we make the kid from the 'hood. Yep. So he got that backwards flatbill cap, baggy shorts, all them stuff, but instead of guns, this kids got some pokemon. He want to go to each city, take down the gang leaders in each, and rule over all! Muhahahaah! More dirty environments, smog, fog, dark night life here. We have fighting rings to the death, we have track races for big cash, we have black markets, poke-drugs. (FYI, lots of good music that can be attributed to this. Examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zk2sHKE84Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF6PPz8LunY
And others)
2.... nevermind. I had others, but I'm tired. Will post when my head is clear.
a ghetto pokemon? Interesting... I do love me some samiyam though! As for the suburban war scenario, does she have to be so perfect? I understand she needs to reflect the ideals of the suburbia, but I think that she can be a little more dynamic perhaps before the shit hits the fan.
ReplyDeleteMonster Mash does sound like it could be a great app. I am for the cliche approach as well. Would add to the humor!
I am not too sure about the cultastic Idea anymore. It sounds like it would be absolutely hilarious if done right though.
I was thinking exactly the same thing Sleepy. Society has certain expectations of both genders, and one is that a little girl is a perfect, sweet little angel. I think it'd be nice for a little girl to be maybe more independent and ready to get her hands dirty. And since she has a more dependent little sister, a part of the story could be making sure the little sis is safe.
ReplyDeleteGotcha guys. Yeah, I mostly did it to reflect the character in the current environment (perfect suburbia), and then just totally ruin everything about her so she can be more so formed by the war, as will the environment, but we can definitely change it, sounds good.
ReplyDelete