Alright team here it is,
First idea to work off of. Voodoo RPG. Kind of like a cross between skyrim and bioshock. Just wanted to bounce it here so that we can get some stories going. I am working on a story line right now so stay tuned. It would be awesome to hear some opinions on this one. Some way some how we can turn this towards a dystopian world most def.
Thoughts.....?
.......ANNNNNND.......GO!!
I think it was Steve that mentioned a possible South African set game and the voodoo theme could be worked into that very easily. Also South Africa is a famously diverse country which ties into more of the ideas you had originally.
ReplyDeleteSounds kinda vague so far. Hard to picture. Give a plot synopsis in one sentence please?
ReplyDeleteI know a major problem for me is that I don't know anything about voodoo religion lol. I have read the Sunjata but it didn't teach me much. I'm afraid I will have to research a lot to contribute.
ReplyDeleteSomething I learned from wikipedia- In West-African Voodooism women are hold priesthood. Sometimes the priestess passes her position to a blood daughter. In the first meeting Madison said she would prefer a non-stereotypical protagonist and a priest's daughter might be interesting.
ReplyDeleteAll I know about voodoo is what I learned in Far Cry 3, Tak and the power of Juju, and Cannibal Holocaust (not really that last one as much). I can see the appeal of cool looking temples and magic though, as well as necromancy. I guess there are also similar looks in Laura Croft, Tombraider, Resident Evil 5, maybe some others if were thinking along the lines of those concepts.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry i didbt post last night but i had TONS of precal homework and i fell asleep. I work today but ill try and get this worked on a bit today
ReplyDeleteI second Zane's suggestion of a non-stereotypical female protaganist. I'm a little inspired to draw designs for her or her mother or people in their village.
ReplyDeleteSince this is a video game and we all like monsters, the monsters could have voodoo themes. Maybe the voodoo monsters have escaped or are causing havoc, and it's up to voodoo priests and priestesses to subdue them? Kind of in a similar fashion to FFX and Sin vs. Summoners. I found this link in a monster web encyclopedia. http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Voodoo
I think this is an interesting idea, and if we went in this direction I would like to represent voodoo how it really is, and not play to any stereotypes. Of course we could make up some things to go with it for the sake of making it more interesting (if it isn't interesting enough lol).
ReplyDeleteI agree, but I don't know a thing about the religion. Maybe if the writers work well as a team we will be able to share in the research workload, but it might be time consuming.
DeleteWe could also make up a religion and pull aspects from voodoo and other religions as well, and make a fantasy world based around that. We would have a little more lee-way and it would be easier to not offend an entire group of people. But this is up to you writers of course.
ReplyDelete